During the talks, the researchers describe their career backgrounds, their research and their day-to-day work. They reveal some mysteries of science and conduct some small demonstrations if they wish. CERN scientists, engineers and technicians will be thrilled to meet you and your pupils!
- Primary or secondary schools within 30 km of CERN
- Talks in English or French (other languages available on a case-by-case basis)
- Maximum 30 pupils per presentation
- Pupils aged 8 to 18
- 1 hour presentation
Offer limited by the availability of CERN scientists. Priority given to classes who can justify the relevance of the visit as part of their study program. Teachers must prepare their classes to the visits (resources available upon request).
COVID-19 information: please make sure that external interventions are allowed in your school before contacting us. Note that the availability of this offer can be limited by other factors (border closures, high-risk zones, etc.) and that we will evaluate the teachers' requests on a case-by-case basis. The offer is always available via videoconference.
In your classroom or in videoconference
Contact us and let us know the following information:
- Name and address of your school
- Number of pupils in the class
- Age of pupils
- Level of science knowledge of pupils
- Possible language(s)
- Availability and preferred dates (if known)
- Desired expertise of the speaker (IT, physics, engineering...) *
Feel free also to let us know the relevance of the presentation according to your class' study curriculum.