11 February is the International Day of Women and Girls in Science. On this occasion and for the whole of the week, CERN, EPFL and UNIGE Scienscope offer local schools the opportunity to welcome a female scientist/engineer to present her work to (mixed) classes.
They are invited to tell their story, reveal some mysteries of science and, if they wish, to conduct some small demonstrations. The goal is to change the pupils' perception of the scientific and engineering professions, providing them with female role models. And who knows, perhaps interest more pupils, particularly girls, in a scientific career.
Conditions for schools:
- Between 3 and 7 February 2020
- Schools within 30 km of Geneva (a complete list of the areas concerned can be found in the school registration form)
- 1 hour presentation
- Maximum 30 pupils per visit
- Between 7 and 15 years old
- Presentation in English or French (other languages available on a case-by-case basis)
- Teachers are expected to prepare their students for the visit of the researcher and to provide a beamer for the presentation
- If you want to apply for more than one class, please contact us (email@example.com)
Warning: limited number of presentations. In the event of a large number of requests from schools, we may not be able to respond positively to all. We thank you for your understanding.
How to sign up
Registration is closed for the 2020's edition. Please contact Communication.Locale@cern.ch to receive information about next edition.