11 February is the International Day of Women and Girls in Science. On this occasion, CERN, EPFL and UNIGE Scienscope offer local schools the possibility to welcome a female scientist/engineer to present her work to (mixed) classes.
They are invited to tell their story, reveal some mysteries of science and to conduct some small experiments if they wish. The goal is to change the perception of classes towards the scientific and engineering professions, providing them feminine role models. And who knows, perhaps to arouse career plans, especially among young girls.
Conditions for schools:
- Between 11 - 15 February 2019
- Schools within 30km from Geneva (a complete list of affected regions can be found in the school registration form)
- 45 min. to 1 hour presentation
- Maximum 30 students per visit
- 1 presentation per teacher
- From 7 to 15 years old
- Presentation in English or French (other languages available on a case-by-case basis)