Registrations for 2020 now open!
Participants will be welcomed at CERN’s S’Cool LAB for an introduction to particle physics, and invited to study actual particle tracks observed in CERN's detectors with the help of our scientists.
Starting with a guided tour of the Laboratory, the day ends with a videoconference (in English) during which the pupils share their results with their counterparts in other institutes around the world taking part in the programme on the same day.
The Masterclasses are aimed at pupils studying science in the last two years of secondary school in France and Switzerland (i.e. 1ère or terminale scientifique in France or third and fourth years of the option scientifique in Geneva). The maximum capacity of the venue is 36 people, including the accompanying adults.
- CERN can be reached by public transport (Bus 68 or Tram 18 – ‘CERN' stop).
- CERN’s cafeteria is open to all visitors. If the weather allows, you can also bring a picnic.
- An individual and nominative visitor badge is mandatory to enter the CERN site. The Professor should make sure he/she will have the authorisation to provide his/her students' personal details (firat name, last name, date, place and country of birth, nationality)
How to sign up
- Wednesday 1st April 2020 - Last date available
If you want to register your class, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of the school
- Class level (première, terminale, 3e collège etc)
- Minimum and maximum ages of the pupils (min. 16 y.o.)
- Number of participants (max. 36, including accompanying adults)
- Number of pupils
- Number of accompanying adults
- Language for the Masterclass (FR, EN or other requiring availability) -the videoconference at the end of the day is systematically in English
- Will you have your own bus that we can use during the morning visit (between 8.30 a.m. and 12noon)?